Today we ventured out to the south side of Hong Kong island to a market and beach. We took the city bus, since the subway doesn't go south. The buses are double decker and go all over the island (yellow bus below).

We sat in the top deck front row - our guide book said this was the best seat because it you could see the city as you went. Because they have flat fronts, they pull right up to the car in front of them - it's a bit scary when you're stopping because it looks like you're going to run the next person over! This blue tarp in the picture below is not part of the bus, rather the truck in front of us!

We decided that this Toyota minivan must be the official car of Hong Kong. It seemed every third car was one of these! We noticed that all of the cars on the road were new and seemed to be a Toyota, Honda or Mercedes...
We took the bus to Stanley to have lunch and walk around the Stanley market. Chris took one bite of his sandwich and ordered another one before the waitress left - I'm certain she thought he was crazy (not that I didn't think the same thing!!) and I think this picture shows just how crazy he was! :)

We walked along the boardwalk of Stanley and then hit the market.



...6XL...

We didn't find too much at the market - it was a very cramped alley way with quite a few people. We're going to another one tomorrow that is supposed to be bigger, so we decided to hit the beach and save our bargaining for the next market!

Chris swam all the way out to the buoy markers and is waving hi! I am still tired from jet lag, so I relaxed on the beach. Chris had a great time swimming and had excellent supervision from the 5 lifeguards on duty - at the most, there were 3 other people swimming with him at one time!

My water loving husband doing a cannonball without jumping off anything!
The most embarrassing pictures I've had to take so far...This is a billboard at a bus stop right outside our hotel. People had to stop and wait for me to take these pictures!
I fell asleep as soon as we got back to the room. Chris said he tried to wake me up and I didn't even budge! He ventured out to find us dinner and returned with the most delicious Chicken Tikka Masala (Indian) pizza and gelato from the grocery store in the mall of the basement of our hotel. I think I'll fall asleep a couple more times while we're here and see what else he comes back with! Dinner was only $40 USD this way (that's cheap)!
No comments:
Post a Comment