We started out the day at the Hong Kong Museum of History. I'm so glad my husband doesn't like museums as much as I do! All the museums are free in Hong Kong on Wednesdays, so we figured we could just go and not feel bad leaving quickly! :) Many of the books and internet sites we've looked at had this at the top of their lists of things to do in Hong Kong. I guess when you're not a museum person, you don't understand why! We did the museum in 30 - 45 minutes which was PLENTY of time, if you ask me (some say you could spend at least 4 hours there!)! This boat was cool - it showed how they had fishing nets off the side.
We then went to The Peninsula Hotel for High Tea. I guess this is still around from when the British owned Hong Kong and has turned into a real tourist attraction. We ate the finger sandwiches (which were SO good!) off the middle plate before I remembered to take a picture. The tea was good, as were most of the treats (does anyone really need fruit cake?), but I don't really get the point of High Tea!
Additions to Day 9 (thanks to Chris):
1. We were way better jumping on the bungee trampoline thing than the people in my video.
2. We ate McDonald's for lunch and Chris was beside himself because he got a double cheeseburger because they didn't have any single cheeseburgers and it would have taken 5 minutes to get one! I think this made the trip to Ocean Park completely worthwhile! :)
1. We were way better jumping on the bungee trampoline thing than the people in my video.
2. We ate McDonald's for lunch and Chris was beside himself because he got a double cheeseburger because they didn't have any single cheeseburgers and it would have taken 5 minutes to get one! I think this made the trip to Ocean Park completely worthwhile! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment