To our dearest rain gods: While we appreciate that you provide us with lush, beautiful green surroundings, we have to ask for a break!
We encountered a problem today when the cement trucks came...apparently, our land said it was full of water and couldn't take anymore and gave way. The cement truck sank (unfortunately I wasn't there in time to see it in the mud)!
We encountered a problem today when the cement trucks came...apparently, our land said it was full of water and couldn't take anymore and gave way. The cement truck sank (unfortunately I wasn't there in time to see it in the mud)!

Not sure how this worked (I'm sure Chris could explain the physics of it to me...), but the pump truck made it in just fine and was all set up to go! (You can sort of see it in the top of the picture.)
Needless to say, we didn't get to pour our foundation walls today. Hopefully tomorrow we can get some more rock in and have them back out on Friday. Hopefully the rains gods will also get this message and ease up for a bit! :)
Bob, I researched these facts, especially for you:
Since May 1st, we have only had 10 days where it didn't rain. Most of these days were the beginning of May - it has rained everyday since May 15th except 1. That is a total of 2.55" of rain in these 18 days...In the month of May, we normally only average 1.78".
Bob, I researched these facts, especially for you:
Since May 1st, we have only had 10 days where it didn't rain. Most of these days were the beginning of May - it has rained everyday since May 15th except 1. That is a total of 2.55" of rain in these 18 days...In the month of May, we normally only average 1.78".
Rain, rain go away!!
ReplyDelete