The plumbing under the basement floor got installed and is ready for inspection. I made sure they knew what they were doing because if this goes wrong, we will have to jack hammer the cement floor to get to it! They laughed and assured me it was all right!

Dirt was back filled around the sides of the house.

You can pretty much walk to the front door now!

And you can almost drive into the garage. (Side note: it was so dark and grey this morning that the flash went off on the camera and I think that is a rain drop that I caught on film(?)!)

Thanks to Mel's help - she lined the footings with Styrofoam insulation. It is suppose to help against wind and cold (maybe Chris can explain the physics of it to us....). It is all ready for inspection, too!

Yes, insulation is to keep the warmth in... it is a well-known concept in developed countries such as Germany :-) only we use a lot more than diminutive two inches!!!
ReplyDelete--The Tubaluder